COVID-19 Immunization update for 5/11/2021:
COVID-19 vaccine registration links for clinic taking place at MCHD on Friday, May 14 in Superior, MT.
All residents/employees in Mineral County that are 18 and up are eligible to sign up.
Moderna COVID-19 Vaccination (First of two doses):
Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccination: clinic
Walk-ins are also welcome 9:00-10:30!
PFIZER COVID-19 VACCINE CLINIC FOR CHILDREN AGES 12-17 FRIDAY, MAY 21, 2021 9:00-10:30 AM.
Second vaccine will be scheduled Friday, June 12, 2021 (link to be provided later).
Please click on the link below to register your child. Registration will close at midnight, 5/19/21. A parent or legal guardian MUST accompany children at the clinic.
|Jennifer Donovan, RN||Director/Public Health Nurse/School Nurse|
|Terri Skinner||Administrative Assistant/Billing|
|Barb Jasper||Public Health Nurse/School Nurse/Tobacco Prevention Specialist|
|Amy Lommen||Public Health Emergency Preparedness Coordinator/Community Health Specialist/Accreditation Coordinator/Zero to Five Supervisor|
|Janet Smith||Parents as Teachers Family Engagement Specialist/Certified Lactation Counselor/Child Passenger Safety Technician|
|Laura Acker||Parents as Teachers Family Engagement Specialist/ Certified Lactation Counselor/Child Passenger Safety Technician|
|Jackie Allard||Parents as Teachers Family Engagement Specialist/ Certified Lactation Counselor|
|April Quinlan||Parents As Teachers Program Supervisor/Healthy Communities Coalition Coordinator|
|Amy Hengel||Public Health Nurse|
Mineral County Health Department is committed to promoting optimal health, supporting disease prevention and improving access to health services through an actively engaged community supported by quality Public Health services. The staff at MCHD are committed to ensuring the best possible health outcomes for the residents of Mineral County. Please refer to our contact page to get in touch with the right person for your needs.
MCHD Patient Forms
Mineral County CHA & Chip
Mineral County Health Department offers ACIP recommended childhood immunizations and some adult vaccinations. Immunizations are an important for individual health and safety and disease prevention in our community. We offer the federally-funded vaccine program (Vaccines for Children – VFC) available to children who are not insured or underinsured. Please call 406-822-3564 for an appointment. We request that you bring your immunization record to all appointments.
WIC is the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. This public health program is designed to improve health outcomes and influence lifetime nutrition and health behaviors in a targeted, at-risk population. Nutrition education is the cornerstone of the WIC Program.
Parents as Teachers
Parents as Teachers is a parent education and family support program that serves families from pregnancy through kindergarten entry. Our certified parent educators provide information about child development, parenting, and community resources. We also screen for developmental delays and health issues.
Montana Tobacco Use Prevention Program
- The goal of the Montana Tobacco Use Prevention Program is to reduce disease, disability, and death related to tobacco use by:
- Preventing tobacco use among young people;
- Eliminating exposure to secondhand smoke;
- Eliminating disparities related to tobacco use and its effects among certain population groups; and
- Promoting quitting among adults and young people.
Maternal Child Health
We offer Pregnancy Tests, Developmental Screening, Lead Screening, WIC, Immunizations, Communicable Disease Counseling, Parents as Teachers Home Visiting Services and Group Connections, and Infant Feeding Support.
Public Health emergencies can arise anywhere. Infectious disease, natural and man-made disasters, including terrorism, can impact Mineral County at any time. Our local emergency preparedness program works to prepare for and respond to health emergencies, coordinate local surveillance and response systems, and keep Mineral County citizens informed of any public health related emergencies.
School Nursing Services
All three school districts in Mineral County contract for nursing services through the Mineral County Health Department. Contact your local school today to visit with your school nurse to enhance the health and safety of your child during the school day.
Alberton School (406) 722- 4413
Saint Regis School (406) 649-2311
Superior School (406) 822-3600
- Investigation of individual cases as well as outbreaks in a private and confidential manner
- Monitoring trends in particular diseases,
- Working to contain or control the spread of disease
- The Health Department does not provide treatment for communicable diseases, but will provide a referral to a healthcare provider for treatment. Communicable diseases are those that are spread by touch, direct contact or even through the air. Reportable Diseases are those that healthcare providers are required to report; MCHD is obligated by law to perform follow-up on all reportable diseases and conditions.
- STOP Corornavirus
- Mineral County Coronavirus Declaration Resolution
- MT Reportable Disease List
- Rabies, animal confinement rule
Public Health Accreditation
The Mineral County Health Department believes in quality and accountability. We are in the initial stages of seeking accreditation. Please read the following description in this link to see why this is so very important to us and the health of our community: http://www.phaboard.org/accreditation-overview/what-is-accreditation/
- 10 Essential Public Health Functions
- 2019 Community Health Assessment
- 2019 Community Health Improvement Plan
- MCHD Community Health Assessment
- Health Communities Coalition
- Montana Code Annotate title 50 Chapter 2- Local BOH
Car Seat Installation Station
The Mineral County Health Department has nationally certified technicians who teach parents and caregivers all they can do to prevent unintentional injuries in and around cars.
- Learn how to install your child’s car seat or booster seat
- In need of a car seat? We can help with that as well!
Call today to schedule an appointment 406-822-3564